CDL Training Center of Ogden :: The Program
Start a New Day and a New Career!
The Training Program
- We are committed to providing graduate students with the conhdence, knowledge, and hands-on experience necessary to become employed as entry level tractor-trailer drivers.
- We also commit to fully service our relationships with State and Federal government entities such as Job Services and Vocational Rehabilitation by placing their students in a quality training program yielding gainful employment at the outset of program completion.
Class Room Instruction-
- CLASSES START EVERY MONDAY!
- 4-Weeks of intensive CDL classroom and driver training
- Day or Evening Courses Available
- Road Driving & Backing Skills Training Pre-Trip Safety inspection Training and Testing
- Third-Party Testing to Acquire the CDL license
Students Road Driving SkilIs—Students receive classroom study preparing them for the Department of Transportation’s Commercial Driver License Tests. Tests include General Knowledge, the Combination Vehicle, and Air Brakes. included are three additional endorsements in Doubles & Triples, Tankers and Hazardous Materials.Road Driving Skills –
Students receive hands-on experience in our truck and trailer, learning the art of actual commercial driving. They experience all types of driving conditions such as driving within tight spaces, over the road highway driving and city driving. They also thoroughly develop defensive driving techniques to protect themselves and other drivers while over the road.Backing Skills –
Students receive hands-on experience in our truck and trailer development skills required for State Driving Tests. The tests are administered by our instructors who are certified Third-Party Testers for the State of Utah. This training includes:
- Straight Line Backing
- Alley Dock
- Offset Right
Tuition includes the CDL written test at the DMV, and the DOT physical & DOT drug screen. Please call us for Tuition cost. 801.866.0191
Minimum Admission Requirements
Why we’re different?
- 18 Years or older to be eligible for CDL license
- Must possess a valid State Driver’s License
- Ability to pass Department of Transportation Physical
- No DUI’s in the past five years
- No more than three moving violations on your Department of Motor Vehicle driving record in the past three years
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Able to read, write and speak the English language
Companies we place with
- Pre-Screening Acceptance Standards — We strive to team with counselors on identifying those students most likely employable as per industry standards after graduation.
- Job Pre-placement -Employment opportunities are often acquired for students even before training has been completed!
- Corporate Alliances - Our multiple relationships with local and national trucking companies ensures a quality job placement for the student after graduation.
- Lifetime Job Placement- Students who leave initial job placements may revisit our Placement Office on an unlimited basis at no additional charge for other job oppotunities.
- Lifetime Refresher Courses - Whereas some companies charge by the hour or the week to train past the course deadline, we train students for Free!
- May Trucking
- Gordon Trucking
- Central Refrigerated
- James Clark
- Andrus Transportation